Monday, January 20, 2014

ROOT SOUP


Rutabaga, Leek, Fennel and Potato Soup
Enjoy this delicious combination of winter vegetables in a soup that will warm your heart and soul!
Here's what I did, but you can use what you have on hand in the proportions you choose:
In a soup pot add 6 cups water, 1 large chopped rutabaga, 2 chopped leeks, 1 large chopped potato, 1 chopped fennel with fennel greens, 3 cloves garlic, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon marjoram.  I used my pressure cooker to cook the soup from start to finish in 1/2 hour.  You can use any pot and cook till vegetables are soft enough to mash.  I processed mine in my food processor/blender, but you could mash by hand or with an immersible blender.
We had our soup with sandwiches made with thick slabs of whole grain bread filled with curried chick pea spread, spicy mustard, onions, roasted red peppers and greens.  So good!  Lucky to have enough for supper again tonight!



No comments:

Post a Comment